Eboot - 16431

Topics: Developer Forum
Mar 13, 2007 at 6:22 PM
Hello,

I have problems loading the new Eboot version permanently into the gumstix. I use a gumstix-connex 400xm with a netMMC expansion. The current bootloader is WE-Boot 3.02.

First I load WEBOOT-EBOOT.bin and then EBOOT.bin from MMC, which works. When I load EBOOT-IN-FLASH.bin afterwards the system hangs with following output:

Launching file resident image ...
INFO: FAT-16 File System
INFO: NK.BIN found.
INFO: Image Address = : 00000000
INFO: Image Size = : 0001DB24

The readme.txt in Connex_CE6.0\Src\Bootloader tells me that EBOOT-IN-FLASH.sre is bogus. Is this the problem here or am I missing something else?

Thanks in advance!
Jun 19, 2007 at 1:04 AM
Hi

I am new to loading images to the device.

I have loaded a compiled nk.bin file from the sample OS build that came with the GumStix BSP for CE6 and i am trying to Target > Attach Device from VS 2005 to connect to the board.

However i am not seeing anything. When i powered up the gumstix, windows didnt detec any new hardware, so how is VS supposed to see the device.

Also is the connectivity option any different for this board, than when using the device emulator.

Also my board doesnt come with an LCD yet, so i am assuming that there will be a terminal for all this.

Thanks for your help,
Jun 21, 2007 at 7:32 AM
Edited Jun 21, 2007 at 7:38 AM
For mheck's problem, The bootloader's flash blocks are probably locked. This was a feature that was added in WE-BOOT 3.1 to prevent accidental erasure of the boot loader. Look at the boot loader menu for WE-BOOT 3.2 and you should see a "U" command that will "un-lock" the boot flash blocks, Unlock the flash blocks befor you try to reflash a different boot loader version.
Jun 22, 2007 at 12:00 AM
Ok, after reading the "Windows CE Board Support Package for Gumstix Platforms" file in the BSP folder, i didnt see any instructions on how to load the binary files through the mini usb connection that comes on nthe breakout-gs expansion board, is it possible to transfer the image with USB, has anyone tried it?
Jun 26, 2007 at 3:23 PM
This is what I did,

1. Buy a console expansion board and serial null cable.
2. Using hyperterminal load the WE-Boot
3. Set hardware config
4. Create/Load the nk.bin file on a MMC
5. Once CE is loaded the usb is now usable (my experience). You also must have activesync installed.

There is my 2 cents. :)