Current Source - 16431

Topics: User Forum
Jan 20, 2007 at 2:31 PM
Howdy,

I downloaded the source and have monkied around with it. However it seems that some structural components of the Visual Studio integration have changed from the version that it was developed in.

I'm using:

Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Architects (8.0.50272.762 (SP.050727-7600))
Plaform Builder fo CE 6.0 (1937)

One of the most noticeable differences is that VS does not recognize the extension ".pbpxml" for the platform builder solution files. Instead it is looking for ".pbxml". Renaming and opening the file throws an error about the file not being a valid xml file.

Any help would be appreciated. If you'd like to me to build a version that is compaitible with this version of vs.net please let me know, I'd be happy to help.

Thanks,
Logan
Jan 23, 2007 at 7:29 AM
I am having the same problem as well.

I can see the other platforms listed in the crc.ini file (?\WINCE600\CRC), is this the file that requires modification? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and keep up the great work (can't wait to see it run on that little guy).

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2007 at 4:01 AM
Sorry for the delay in responding to this. Those projects actually don't load properly for me under Visual Studio either... We are using the same versions of Visual Studio, but the project files got obsoleted at some point after the switch from CE5. Since we have been doing all of our builds in a console window, we haven't gotten around to fixing them yet. In fact the BSP itself doesn't build correctly in VS right now. We'd be happy to add working project files if you'd like to contribute them.

Everything should build correctly if you open a build window (under the Build menu, pick "Open release directory in build window") and run "blddemo clean -q". This takes a while, but in most cases you only need to run "build" in the src directory, and then "makeimg". I've been running makeimg with a batch file that copies the VS debugging utilities into the release directory, as follows:

copy c:\wince600\platform\gumstixi\files\platform.* %_FLATRELEASEDIR%
copy c:\wince600\platform\gumstixi\tools\conman\. %_FLATRELEASEDIR%
makeimg > %_FLATRELEASEDIR%\makeimg.log

However, note that VS debugging isn't actually working properly yet.

We still have a ways to go. Thanks for your patience. :-)
Feb 15, 2007 at 6:49 PM
Hi Nate,

I just installed Vista and of course the CE 6 tools don't install anymore.

Once I sort it out I'll see if I can get a working VS based package.

Thanks for all of your hard work on this!

Out of curiosity have you found 6.0 to be more performant than 5?

Thanks,
Logan