Blcommon ERROR: -3

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Mar 4, 2008 at 7:57 PM
Hello

Have just gon through the step by step for installing we-boot and upon the lase reset I get the following -

Microsoft Windows CE Bootloader Common Library Version 1.4 Built Aug 15 2007 19:
00:17
Microsoft Windows CE Bootloader for the Gumstix Development Platform
WE-BOOT 4.01 Built Aug 15 2007 23:07:33
FLASH INFO:Size 4194304
FLASH INFO:Bytes per blocks: 131072 Number of blocks: 32
FLASH INFO:Sectors per blocks: 256 Data bytes per sector: 512
System Hardware: 0x00000000
Basix platform.
Memory clock: 99.53MHz
Run Mode clock: 199.6MHz
Turbo Mode clock: 199.6MHz

Press ENTER to download now or SPACE to cancel.

Initiating image download in 0 seconds.
Starting auto download ...
INFO: ETH1 hardware not defined!
INFO: ETH1 hardware not defined!
ERROR: Failed to detect and initialize download device.
Blcommon ERROR: -3

I am using a Gumstix Basix 200. I am hoping that the message is only telling me I have a communication error but that the load of CE was ok. Is there some other way to load the image it is looking for, and I am assuming it is the weboot .bin file? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Michael
Mar 6, 2008 at 11:23 PM
It is telling you it can't find the Ethernet boot device.
Your hardware word does not show a selection for netCF or netMMC.
Change the boot device selection and hardware word in the boot loader to match you setup.

DV
Mar 10, 2008 at 1:29 AM
DV

Thank you, was hoping that was the reason. I don't have an ethernet connection yet for the Gumstix Basix 200. Basically just the serial hook up. It does have the MMC card. So, and sorry since I'm a newbie, di I just want to boot from the MMC card? And if this is true can you advise what file should be on the card. Thanks, and apologies for the basic questions.

Cheers, Michael
Mar 10, 2008 at 9:45 PM
DV

Downloaded version 2.0 and got NK loaded on the SD card and am now up with the virtual screen running. Can I assume all one needs to do now is write C programs and they will run on the gumstix?? Thanks again for your help and your program.

Cheers, Michael
Mar 12, 2008 at 9:47 PM
DV

Hi, I've the same problem, but haven't figured out which hardware word should I use to load the NK from the MMC card. Any idea?

Thanks!
Mar 12, 2008 at 9:53 PM
Edited Mar 13, 2008 at 1:36 AM
And by the way, how do I make the NK.bin??? ---- don't worry, I downloaded the binaries (duh!) But I'm stuck with the hardware word to load the NK from the MMC card.
Mar 13, 2008 at 4:36 AM
OK, don't worry, I found it. Thanks anyway!

fnisthal wrote:
And by the way, how do I make the NK.bin??? ---- don't worry, I downloaded the binaries (duh!) But I'm stuck with the hardware word to load the NK from the MMC card.

Mar 13, 2008 at 5:02 AM
OK, don't worry, I found it. Thanks anyway!

fnisthal wrote: