Eboot help...

Topics: User Forum
Jan 30, 2008 at 6:43 PM
Hi, i was hopeing that somebody out there would be able to help me. I got eboot up and going on my verdex a while ago, and i have now
tried to load NK.bin over the serial as i have no ethernet. however when i do so my results are as pasted below. also i am not able to enter
the eboot menu, whenever i type anything i just get the same bad file error as if it thinks im trying to send it a file. i am using tera term and i make
sure to check the binary option.

Microsoft Windows CE Ethernet Bootloader Common Library Version 1.1 Built Apr 23
2007 22:13:44
EBOOT 5.946 for the GS270 Platform, Built Apr 23 2007
16 MByte Flash
System ready!
Preparing for download...
Boot Device: Ethernet
ERROR: LAN91CInit: Network Chip not found at 0x04000300
Invalid OEMPreDownload return value, HALT value: -6
Boot Device: FFUART
!OEMVERIFYMEMORY: Invalid image

Error reading the file.
Load failed, HALT value: -9

Microsoft Windows CE Ethernet Bootloader Common Library Version 1.1 Built Apr 23
2007 22:13:44
EBOOT 5.946 for the GS270 Platform, Built Apr 23 2007
16 MByte Flash
System ready!
Preparing for download...
Boot Device: Ethernet
ERROR: LAN91CInit: Network Chip not found at 0x04000300
Invalid OEMPreDownload return value, HALT value: -6
Feb 11, 2008 at 12:10 AM
After EBoot displays:

select the file for download usingTeraTerm. Go to the file menu and select Send file.... This causes the Send file dialog box to be displayed. Click on the Binary checkbox In the Options section at the bottom of the dialog box to place a check mark in the box. Specify the file name from the flat release directory by either navigating to the file or typing in the file name. The file name will typically be NK.bin or one of the EBOOT.bin files. When done, click on the open button to start the transfer.

I recommend using Microsoft binary (.BIN) files as they are properly formatted and half the size of S-Record flies. EBoot is capable of downloading Microsoft binary (.BIN) files as well as Motorola S-Record files. However, the S-Record files produced by ROMIMAGE have a bad starting address. ROMIMAGE adds in the ROM offset twice before it writes the starting address to the (.SRE) file.
Feb 11, 2008 at 2:43 AM
I am sorry if i was not clear in my first post, but that is exactly my problem, that is exactly what i am doing, in the output above, when it says "Boot Device: FFUART" after that is when i send nk.bin, with binary selected, and what happens is what is posted, it says !OEMVERIFYMEMORY: Invalid image and the goes back. i just finished building a JTAG cable and i have the JTAG vx but now i realize i dont have a parallel port, just one problem after another. so unless anybody can explain what i am seeing in that output i posted i guess ill have to find an lpt card and reflash.