Alternate CE 6.0 270 BSP

Topics: User Forum
Coordinator
Nov 14, 2007 at 2:20 AM
Edited Jun 7, 2008 at 7:42 PM
For those looking for an alternative CE 6.0 BSP for the Gumstix Verdex platform (not the one posted on this site) from the author of the original Windows CE Gumstix BSP (i.e. me), I will be offering a commercial grade BSP in cooperation with Special Computing Inc. The following are features that are presently available and working:
  • Full support for XM4, XM4-BT 400Mhz (64M RAM 16M Flash)
  • XL6 624Mhz (128M RAM 32M Flash)
  • Bluetooth
  • WiFi (netMicroWifi-sd)
  • SD/MMC (netMicro-sd)
  • CompactFlash (netCF-vx)
  • I2C
  • Serial port (all three)
  • Ethernet Lan9117 and 91C111 (netCF-vx and netMicroxxx)
  • Console-vx support
  • Samsung LCD display (480X272)
  • Breakout-vx (I2C, etc)
  • Audiostix (audio in and out)
  • USB client (ActiveSync support)
  • Managed Code (C# or VB) support library
  • PQOAL and best practice BSP structure
  • Professional development and support from Microsoft eMVP’s

More features are planned for the near future including:
  • Full Microsoft certification
  • USB host support
  • Low power and battery management

We will be offering several flavors of the BSP including a fully functional binary version along with a complete hardware kit at a very modest cost. Low volume, Microsoft commercial runtime licenses will also be available as well as several other goodies that I can’t discuss just yet.
If you have any questions, contact me through this web site.

Check out http://www.codeplex.com/GumstixIII
Nov 24, 2007 at 5:47 AM
Hi...

Does it mean that there no will be a Gumstix PXA270 CE 6.0 BSP greater version than 0.1?. I have no doubt that this new BSP is what commercial and OEM projects need, but i'm afraid that unfortunely it leaves us, the hobbyists, out of the game. When you say "Microsoft commercial runtime licenses" do you mean the flashable ready image?(avoiding the need of licensing Platform Builder). How does it compare with the licenses sold by MS at U$ 3 in amount of 1000?

Thanks a lot for your time.
Coordinator
Nov 29, 2007 at 12:32 PM
I can not speak for the 270 BSP posted here as I have not studied it or worked on it. As for my BSP (or any BSP in general) you probably want to do the following to legally offer a commercial product for sale:
1) Obtain a USB PID/VID number. You can register for a number at www.usb.org.
2) Stamp the runtime image with a license key. You can purchase runtime licenses from several Windows CE partners ...like BSquare. They run approx $3.00 each depending on number purchased and licensing level.
Coordinator
Jan 21, 2008 at 5:08 AM
USB host operation and touch screen now working on Alternate BSP also.

BSP will be posted on Codeplex very soon but probably not under this workspace.

DV
Jan 24, 2008 at 4:05 PM
Fantastic! Well done! With regards to the usb host operation are you able to use this with the 24-pin flex connector or will it only work with the breakout-vx, console-vx, consoleLCD-vx expansion boards.

Are the binaries free?
Coordinator
Jan 24, 2008 at 10:18 PM
Edited Jan 24, 2008 at 10:19 PM
Check out http://www.codeplex.com/GumstixIII
Apr 15, 2008 at 12:57 PM
Hi All,

i am using GumStix platform and verdex 270. can some one please tell me how to install BSP for 270. also i could not found any MSI files for installing BSP for verdex 270. Also does we get any BSP by installing Platform Builder 6.

Thanks in advance.
Apr 15, 2008 at 3:40 PM
Hi All,

I have the SDK for GumStix platform for WinCE 600. How can i change the StartUI.cpp file. Is it possible to change the file if we have only SDK and NK.BIN?

Thanks in advance.
Apr 17, 2008 at 2:40 PM
Hi All,

while building NK.bin image for GumStix verdex 270 with GS270Rel0_1 and platform builder 6.0 we are getting the below error
while doing makeimg giving error cannot find kitl.dll.

do anyone have any idea.

Apr 24, 2008 at 5:57 AM
Hi All,

I just started working on Gumstix platform. I have Gumstix starter pack which includes the following.

verdex XM4,• console-vx• netmicroSD• USB gender bender• USB cable• serial null-modem cable•

I need to build the NK.BIN image instead of using the pre-built one. It would be great help to me if any one can let me know which BSP I can use for building the NK.BIN image.

Thanks and Regards,
UVK.