Remote Windows CE Desktop

Oct 30, 2007 at 1:52 PM
Hi to all. I follow your project and I installed the WinCE 2.0 binary release on my Gumstix Board.
I have a Gumstix Basic 400 Bluetooth with Audiostix board. Connecting the Hyperterminal to the FFUART of the Gumstix I can see the WE_BOOT log and the WindowsCE Log. If I connect an USB cable to the mini USB port on my Audiostix the ActiveSync on my PC found the Gumstix. My question is how can I acces the remote desktop of Windows CE on Gumstix from my PC?
I also have a Console LCD VX board with a Samsung LCD touch screen. I try to connect the VX Lcd board with LCD display to the Gumstix but I can't see the Windows CE Desktop on LCD display.
Thanks for your help.
Luca
Nov 4, 2007 at 10:26 PM
I like SOTI Pocket Controller,
http://www.soti.net/default.asp?Cmd=Products&SubCmd=PCPro

The Enterprise edition has a different interface and you "can" do more stuff. The Pocket Controller will install the client automatically and then simply connect.
Coordinator
Nov 5, 2007 at 2:05 AM
Edited Nov 5, 2007 at 2:05 AM
To get the remote CE screen just launch cerhost.exe from the BSP's tools directory. Do this before you plug in the USB ActiveSync.
The display will attach automatically.
The Console-vx is for the Verdex PXA270 line. I am not sure if it could be made to work with the older 255 line.
Nov 5, 2007 at 1:45 PM
Thanks for the help. I try the cerhost.exe and all works fine.
For the Console-VX is true. It is not possible to attach to the PXA255.