Loading CE6.0 bin file over serial

Topics: User Forum
Jul 6, 2007 at 10:54 PM
I am trying to load the bin file downloaded of this site of Win CE6.0 over STAURT at the 115200 baud, using hyperterminal. I was able to load weboot without problems. However i have been unable to send the bin file to weboot over serial using the same methods. I am new at this please help with simple instructions. Thank you
Coordinator
Jul 7, 2007 at 7:03 PM
While possible, its not recommended. Loading even a small image file will take upwards of 15 minutes or more even at 115200 baud. Better to use a card based boot unless you have very fast boot up time requirements. What is your hardware setup?
Jul 12, 2007 at 10:47 PM
Thank you for the response dvescovi. I have gotten it to work now with the card like you suggested. however while i am watching the boot in hyperterminal it only gets to a point that says VS2005 debug support enabled then hangs there. this is my first time trying to use Windows CE with anything i was expecting to find a console prompt like linux. Is this not the case? I suspect my boot is incorrect right?
Coordinator
Jul 12, 2007 at 11:58 PM
The VS2005 debug support enabled is normally the last message you will see. It looks like you have it correctly booting.
If you install ActiveSync on your PC then launch the cerhost3.exe app (from the PC), then attach the USB cable between the PC and Gumstix you should see the virtual display screen appear.