Wiki Anyone?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
May 30, 2007 at 6:58 PM
Hi all,
One thing that I have noticed is there is really now depository for code and example/tutorials on how to get a gumstix and put drumstix on it. Would you think it would be a good idea to start a wiki for drumstix? I found a free wiki service at www.wikispaces.com

Hopefully this can be used as a storage place for code snippets and small troubles that each of us overcome (such as PB).

So good idea or not?
May 31, 2007 at 1:36 AM
I would love it, and you'll find that the documentation in the CE 6.0 is done quite well. They have pictures in many places and rather detailed approaches.

I would appreciate docs on hardware, getting started in great detail (such as my ethernet issues), and lots of information on PB. I would imagine a lot of us have never used it. I have coded a lot of C/C++ and created hardware, but PB haunts me.

Even a small youtube video might help too. It would generate a lot of additional interest and make things more obvious. This is of course only if people here have time for either of these.
May 31, 2007 at 3:20 AM
I think it would be great also. The CodePlex site has a long way to go to get even close to where the GotDotNet site was.
May 31, 2007 at 6:05 AM
Okay I just did it.

http://drumstix.wikispaces.com

Tomorrow I will go ahead and build a structure that "hopefully" will make it organized. To edit pages become a member and start writing away. This will hopefully protect it from malicious users.

There will also be a place for personal project so if you want add your projects and elaborate on them. :)

There will also be a section for code snippets like getting Bluetooth to work (my problems) and exposing the Gumstix API.

If you got any more ideas let me know or if simply a minor change you can change it yourself. :)

For some reason you want to contact me I can be reached at blacklocist@gmail.com